Sunday, June 19, 2011

My New Blog

Greetings and welcome to my new blog!  My name is Dave and like most people who enjoy writing I'm an attention whore.  I'm not proud of it but it's the truth so there's little point in denying it.

For years I've fancied myself as something of a frustrated writer.  I've always enjoyed writing and have at times been told that I have a talent for it.  Being an attention whore, that was all I needed to hear.

I've had a handful of articles published over the years, all of which appeared in numerous mortgage and real estate trade journals.  Zzzzzzz... Other than that my writing tends to be (supposedly) humorous observational drivel and the occasional Top 10 list.

I have no idea how this whole blogging thing works but I've been encouraged to start doing so by a good friend who--God bless her--enjoys my writing and has an interest in what I have to say.  I worry about her.

I've been posting a daily "World According to Dave" on my Facebook page for about a month.  I've done so 1) as a means of disciplining myself to get back into writing, even if only modestly and 2) did I mention that I was an attention whore?

My plan is to take my thoughts and my Facebook postings and put them on my new blog, then continue by adding new blog entries that I'll then link to Facebook.  Or not...I'm easily bored.  I just figure that if Tyra Banks can have her own talk show then I sure as hell can have a blog.

To those of you who choose to follow along, thank you but don't expect much.  If I were really any good I'd probably be writing for a living.  If you're not pleased with its content just remember that it's free and you get what you pay for.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be here until Thursday.  Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Once you go bronze turtle you never go back

No comments:

Post a Comment